Saturday, October 1, 2011

Ta da! The website redesign is done

Welcome to the revamped edition of my blog and website.

Web designer Andy Tomec, of Atomec Productions, has done a fabulous job of creating the new look. Hopefully, the site is much easier to navigate now, a little less cluttered. I especially love the different banners at the top of each page. Don’t they look divine? And the thumbnail book covers on the Books page are a great addition. Simply click on the cover to jump to a more complete summary of the title, read excerpts and, if available, watch a video.

As some of you may know, I have so far not been the most dedicated blogger. Well, here’s hoping to turn over a new leaf.

So, what am I doing now?

I’m putting the finishing touches on a contemporary erotic fantasy called Three Wishes. Actually,it’s a bit hard to slot into a genre. The base story is contemporary, featuring office worker Cassie who has a secret crush on a consultant, Michael, whom she’s been working hand-in-glove with at her media communications company. Then Cassie discovers an anonymous gift on her desk: an exotic bottle of perfume. When she gets it home, a genie – whoosh! – appears to fulfil three erotic wishes … While Cassie is a romantic at heart, she naturally chalks it up the next morning to bad wine and a weird dream. From there, Cassie embarks on a nightly journey starring Michael as the man of her dreams, first as a medieval knight, then as the twin bar owners of a smoking-hot nightclub, and finally as the triplet consorts of a galactic princess. There we have historical, contemporary and futuristic scifi thrown into my fantasy genie-in-a-bottle story. You see now why I said the genre is a bit tricky to describe?

Another thing I have on my plate is judging duties for Launching a Star. This is the third year I’ve helped with the contest, which keeps getting bigger and bigger. One of the entries I judged last year won the contest. As an editor and avid reader, I love the chance to see the work of such talented unpublished writers. It takes me out of my writer cave for a while.

Finally – and this will sound truly mundane – I’m waging war against an invasion of houseflies. It’s true! Every fall, when the weather turns cold, I have to cope with an influx of flies looking for somewhere to wait out winter. I just wish they could find somewhere else. It drives me nuts! One would think the cats (we have two) would take care of business. Sadly, even they can’t keep up. It all comes down to fly strips and patience. Ugh!

Three Wishes is calling me, so I’ve gotta run. Please enjoy the website’s new look, and by all means check out the Free Reads in the Extras section. I also love to hear from readers, so take advantage of the Love Letters form to send me a note (and check the box provided if you’d like to receive my sporadic newsletters).

Wishing you all the best,
Raina

No comments: